Having returned from a bit of a holiday after the course, I’ve been reading through the post-it notes that were completed by audience members throughout the concert tour. I hope you enjoy reading a small sample of the fantastic comments posted about NYOW 2011 (including some rather bias but totally deserving comments from family members!).
Feedback comments from Lampeter:
- Never fails to amaze me! With 1 week of rehearsals what you all can produce - Amazing! Congratulations to you all. Can’t wait for Saturday.
- Feather to the Mountain – magical, transporting, otherworldly. Liszt was lovely and just drew you in. Prokofiev was rousing, joyful, electrifying, charged with power. Cheryl – San Francisco, California
- Perfformiad Gwefreiddiol! Absolutely cracking! (especially Cellos)
- Marvellous. Everyone in tune. Orchestra should be proud of their achievements. Jonny Burton – Mature student in Ancient Greek of University Summer School, Lampeter
- Cerddoriaeth hyfrydol. Diolch yn fawr!
- It cost me £60 and 3 points to get here and it was worth it.
- Thank you for bringing such wonderful music to Lampeter yet again! It has been a privilege to hear your rehearsals over the course of the week. Come back soon. Mair – Lampeter
- Fabulous performance. So exciting to watch. Perfformiad cyffrous iawn! Da iawn chi! Cellos yn Wych!
- Very good sound. Fantastic percussion especially timps in the symphony. Head of trumpets very good.
- I thought you guys were amazing. The conductor is superb! Really enjoyed the concert, well the first half anyway. Look forward to second half. Dolly
- My heartfelt thanks to the NYOW for a wonderful performance of ‘Feather to the Mountain’ - Hilary Tann
Feedback comments from Wrexham:
- A privilege to have heard such wonderful playing. Congratulations to the orchestra for Prokofiev.
- So proud to be an ex member of the NYOW. So proud of the current orchestra – a fabulous concert tonight in Wrexham. The woodwind were excellent of course! (As was everyone else). This brought back so many happy memories. Irene
- What a wonderful evening, such high standard.
- Fabulous, I wish I could play like that.
- Super! Youth Orchestra? Never - more like professional. Best of luck for the rest of the tour.
- Incredible performance, very high standard, beautiful.
- Inspirational. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to listening to you again. Truly wonderful.
- The double bass section was really strong and the back desk showed particular flare.
- Concert was amazing from 1st to last, never seen so many in an orchestra. Well done from Italy
- Cyffrous iawn! Llongyfarchiadau i bobl ifanc
- I am in shock. Not quite on the ground - this was an historic event.