Sunday 7 August 2011

Day 4 - 18th Birthday celebrations!

Day 4
What a day, my 18th birthday on the Nash course. After waking up and walking to the refectory, I was greeted by the typical 50 part choir ‘Happy Birthday’ chant from my other half asleep colleagues of the orchestra. After rehearsing the Liszt and Prokofiev in the morning, we were all introduced to our conductor for the remainder of the course, maestro Takuo Yuasa. I think I can speak for most of the orchestra in saying that we instantly liked him and realised what a musician he is. After having a productive full run of our programme, I changed quickly to gather with the rest of the brass section for our annual sectional curry. I quickly realised that I could actually buy myself a drink, and took full advantage of this. The curry was absolutely amazing – the best I’ve had so far. For a good curry, the Shapla Tandoori in Lampeter is ‘ThePlaice to Be’ (people from Bangor will understand ;) ). Thanks to the welfare staff for the trumpet inspired birthday cake – this was shared with the brass and horn sections. Upon my return to the Students Union bar back at the college campus, I learned that another ‘Happy Birthday’ chanting spree happened before I arrived, but in about 30 different languages!! A few drinks then ended a memorable day.
Thank you everyone from NYOW for a great day!!
Gwyn Owen (Trumpet)

No comments:

Post a Comment