Friday 15 May 2015

Meet more Nash Bloggers!

Dyma aelodau diweddaraf Tîm Blogio CGIC 2015 / Here we meet the latest members of the NYOW 2015 Blogging Team!

Hi! My name is Rhiannon and I’m a trombonist from Monmouth. I’ve been a member of the Nash since 2012, and can’t wait for my fourth summer residency this year! I’m currently spending most of my time revising for A Levels in English Literature, German and Biology, although I seem to remember a “social life” in the distant past… Hopefully in September I’ll be going to the RNCM to study on their Joint Course with Manchester Uni (depending on my grades).

My favourite piece of music is probably Shofukan by Snarky Puppy; although it’s a little clichéd, it’s definitely my favourite track. But I also love studying the development of Russian music, so I’m really excited to play the Rite of Spring this summer!

I’m looking forward to being on the Nash blogging team this residency, and I’m excited to share the Nash 2015 course with every reader - Till next time! Rhiannon ♫


Hello! My name is Gwen James. I’m 17 years old and I play the violin. I’m from Newtown in North Powys, but I am currently studying in Brecon. My hobbies include music (as you would probably expect!) and I am also a massive rugby fan! When I’m home I spend every weekend that I can watching Newtown 1st team playing, which can be a painful experience at times!
This will be my third year with the Nash – I can’t wait! The course is hard work but is also great fun, it’s definitely one of the highlights of my year! My favourite piece of music to play would be In the Hall of the Mountain King from the Peer Gynt suite by Grieg, based on Norwegian fantasies. I first played this piece a number of years ago with North Powys Youth Orchestra.
Once upon a time, at the age of 4, my aim in life was to become a potato. However, as I’m sure you can imagine, my aims have now changed slightly. Studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Music A Levels has inspired me to become a French Fry.


Hi! My name is Megan Jackson. I'm 17 years old, and I play percussion. I live in the Vale of Glamorgan, and have done for the past 13 years. This is my second time with the Nash, having been on it once before back in 2013. I had a brilliant time then, and can't wait until the summer for this course, which is sure to be amazing. I love everything musical; listening and performing. The orchestral piece I enjoy the most is Jupiter: The Planets, having recently watched BBC National Orchestra of Wales perform this. However, being a Disney fan, my favourite piece of music is 'Here I am' from the film 'Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron'. 

My hobbies include music ( which you've probably guessed by now), and rock climbing/bouldering. I really enjoy it, as it's both a physical and mental challenge. It also means I'm not scared of heights!


My fascinating fact is that I was in the series of "Torchwood- Children of Earth", when I was in Yr 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment