Friday 3 July 2015

Rhiannon Symmonds (Trombone) tells us what she is looking forward to ahead of this Summer's NYOW Residency


 “This course is going to be very special, because I’m playing bass trumpet for The Rite of Spring! It’s a brand new instrument to me, and it’s wonderful that I get to try it out in such a friendly setting. Of course, part of the reason it’s such a supportive environment is because so many of my close friends will be there; a group of around twelve of us joined in 2012, and we’ve all been inseparable ever since. Due to us all being spread across the country, from right on the Southern border to the North coast (and across Pembrokeshire too!), the course will be the first time we’ve all been together all year, so I can’t wait.


Although it’s a little strange, I’m also really looking forward to touring again. As much as a relaxing beach holiday can be well needed, I know many of us love travelling with a purpose, and the atmosphere on the coaches after a successful concert is amazing and so unique; we’re all exhausted, and yet at the same time everyone feels so pumped up that you don’t want the sleep your body is screaming that you need! For me, the rehearsals and concerts are just the tip of the iceberg. We play the best when everyone is bonded, happy and enjoying all the social aspects, so a concert is really just another social event with a few more people attending! The Nash residency is an experience as a whole, so I suppose I’m just looking forward to the whole thing!”


No comments:

Post a Comment